NEXTDOOR: A private social network for you, your neighbors and the community. It’s an easy way for you and neighbors to talk online and make all of our lives better in the real world. Best of all, it’s free and The Pocket already has a group. To join, click here.
WALK SACRAMENTO: Dedicated to achieving safe, walkable communities in the Sacramento metropolitan area – for personal health and recreation, for livable neighborhoods, for traffic safety, and for clean air. For more information, click here.
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL: To access Megan’s Law for information on registered sex offenders click here.
CITY OF SACRAMENTO NEIGHBORHOOD RESOURCES AREA 2: This section of the City of Sacramento Neighborhood Services web page talks about resources for neighborhoods. Here you will find important information from statistics on crime to future construction projects.
SACRAMENTO CITY CLERK’S OFFICE: Available to you here to assist with public records requests, claims, passport acceptance, processing board and commission applications for appointment, elections, and administration. For information regarding Sacramento City Codes you can click here.
SACRAMENTO POLICE DEPARTMENT: To file on-line police (non-emergency) reports without talking to a real person click here. You can report on these types of incidents:
- Harassment / Threats / Bias
- Theft / Burglary / Lost Property
- Violation of Restraining Order
- Drug, Gang, Criminal or Suspicious Activity (Not an official report. Provided information is considered a crime tip.)
GUIDE TO EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS: Sacramento Ready is a regional partnership of local government working to provide emergency preparation and response information to people in the Sacramento area. For more information please click here.
OTHER NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATIONS: Your guide to other neighborhood association near the Pocket can be found here.
MAYOR & COUNCIL: For information on the Mayor or District 7 Council office, you can click here.
PHOTO RESOURCES: For pictures from events and everyday life in the Pocket area click here.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS:
Sacramento Police Department:
- To report violent crimes or sex crimes, please call 264-5471.
- To report stolen vehicles or stolen license plates, please call 264-5471.
- To report traffic accidents involving an injury, please call 264-5471.
- If there a crime in progress dial 911.
- If you need a police response, but it’s not an emergency, please call our dispatchers at 264-5471, and they will instruct you on how to handle the situation.
- If you are unsure whether to call or use this process, please call!!
- Report an outage (24 hours): 888-456-SMUD (7683)
- Customer services (Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.): 888-742-SMUD (7683)
- TDD service (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.): 916-732-6630
- TDD service (after hours): 916-732-5596 (Note: Requires use of an electronic text communication device for the hearing impaired)
- If you are concerned, you may verify that a worker is a SMUD employee by calling us at 1-888-742-7683
- SMUD Board office at 916-732-6155 (if you give your physical address, they can tell you who your Rep is and how to contact them)